Tuesday, May 14, 2013

7-Year Mesothelioma Cancer Survivor Tells Her Story (and It's Not About Chemo Brain)

I think I've done a pretty good job (if I do say so myself) of restricting my blog specifically to the topic of chemo brain. I'm making an exception though for Heather Von St. James who wants to increase awareness of mesothelioma, the malignant cancer that is linked to inhaling asbestos particles. Her video is lovely and inspiring. I hope you'll watch it. See her note, below.
My name is Heather and I am a 44-year-old survivor of mesothelioma – a very rare cancer that kills most people within 2 years. After intense treatment and recovery, I’m still here 7 years later and cancer free. My journey was a terrifying one and I am hoping to turn my pain into purpose and become someone that other people can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like my own. My husband and I recently participated in a short video about my journey with cancer and I contacted you because I really feel that your blog would be an excellent place to share. I’m hoping to use this video and my story as a tool to raise awareness of this horrible cancer that is such a deadly killer (and sadly, 100% preventable), as well as spread a message of hope. 
It can be found at www.mesothelioma.com/heather/

Heather

1 comment: